Senator Angus King and Correlate Founder Bob Powell will join NERC CEO Gerry Cauley in delivering keynotes
- Agenda explores critical topics ranging from Solar and Storage to Cybersecurity, New Regulations and Renewables Integration
- Second Annual Utility of the Future Pulse Survey findings will be revealed on June 2
Burlington, Mass. (May 19, 2015) – Three distinguished agents of change in the global transformation of energy will take the podium at DNV GL’s Utility of the Future Leadership Forum in Washington, D.C. June 2-3, 2015. Senator Angus S. King, Jr (I-ME) and Bob Powell, former SunEdison Solar president, North America, will address the gathering of industry, government, and non-profit leaders on June 2, while Gerry Cauley, North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) president and CEO, will speak June 3. Each brings deep and distinctive perspective as the industry debates the best way forward to address aging infrastructure, cyber threats, the need for sustainable solutions and other dynamic challenges.
- Senator Angus S. King, Jr, (I-ME), a two-term governor of Maine whose career has included executive leadership of conservation and energy management companies, now serves on the U.S. Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. He is a sponsor of several newly introduced bills to address the integration of distributed energy resources into the power grid and other issues.
- Bob Powell is founder of Correllate Inc. and former president, North America, for SunEdison Solar Energy. At independent power producer NRG Solar, he served as vice president and chief financial officer. Powell’s energy career also includes serving as president and chief executive officer of Solar Power Partners, an operator of solar power facilities, and holding executive positions with Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
- Gerry Cauley is president and CEO of the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), where he has worked for over 15 years. He served as president and CEO of SERC Reliability Corporation for three years. He is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy, a former officer in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and has over 30 years’ experience in the bulk power system industry.
In addition to these compelling keynotes, the Forum agenda covers the most critical topics facing the energy industry today including:
- Future Business Models
- Solar, Storage and Renewables
- Integration Customer Behavior and Data Analytics
- FERC Order 1000
- Critical Infrastructure Protection (Cyber, Physical and Weather-Related)
Forum attendees will also be the first to hear the findings of DNV GL’s Second Annual Utility of the Future Pulse Survey, which will be released at the Forum on June 2. Registration is now open for the Utility of the Future Leadership Forum, a peer-to-peer thought leadership venue for executives from across the energy spectrum, including renewables and energy efficiency. The Forum will take place at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center June 2-3. Find more information at www.dnvgl.com/UofF2015 and join the conversation about Utility of the Future on Twitter using #UofF2015.
Driven by its purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. DNV GL provides classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. It also provides certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. DNV GL, whose origins go back to 1864, operates globally in more than 100 countries with its 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping their customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
In the Energy industry
In DNV GL we unite the strengths of DNV, KEMA, Garrad Hassan, and GL Renewables Certification. DNV GL’s 2,500 energy experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribu¬tion, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our testing, certification and advisory services are delivered independent from each other. Learn more at www.dnvgl.com/energy.
+1 339 234 3703