Investment and finance support in shipping
As the bond and loan market continues to develop, the complexity of transactions causes challenges for specialist and mainstream asset managers in determining the sustainability credentials of green, social and sustainable products. Increasingly, investors require a Second Party Opinion (SPO) to make strategic investment decisions.
Building on our deep technical expertise, market insights and understanding of risk exposure, we translate the impacts from new technology, new regulations and changing operational environment into portfolio, financial and operational strategy. This understanding is essential to ensure that the portfolio risks match the desired profile with respect to carbon exposure, regulatory and technology risk.
Services around investment and financing for shipowners
DNV Maritime Advisory provides insights and advises shipowners, helping them identify and realize the opportunities related to sustainable finance. In this process, we utilize our close dialogue with banks, investors, private equity and insurers on how to manage their shipping-related portfolio in the rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
Services for banks, investors and insurers
Gain access to industry-leading experts interacting with all groups of shipping stakeholders – adding multidisciplinary maritime knowledge to make more informed decisions.
Get expert advice on market trends, regulatory developments and emerging technologies impacting your investments:
- Positioning your shipping company or newbuilding project or securing green, sustainable and transition finance
- Data collection and reporting on Scope 3 emissions
- Support for Poseidon Principles and SeaCargo Charter reporting and portfolio management
- Technical and ESG due diligence on shipping transactions
- ESG and sustainability strategy, KPIs and reporting
- Expert advice on regulatory developments and their impact on the shipping business