Maritime due diligence services
Regional Director of Decarbonization, Maritime Americas
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
DNV assesses the technical risks and opportunities of maritime assets and projects, ensuring an independent evaluation.
Financial institutions, owners and yards are exposed to financial, safety and environmental risks when large investments are combined with major technical challenges as well as commercial and regulatory complexity.
Due diligence is an essential requirement when acquiring, investing, divesting, or providing project finance. You need to know precisely what is being sold, its condition, and the commercial, technical and environmental risks involved.
DNV teams regularly act as independent consultants, engineers and technical advisors to lenders, owners and investors. Our analysis can help clients reduce risk, increase value, and lower transaction costs.
Our due diligence services
We give our customers a better understanding of risks and risk mitigations and help them make investment decisions with confidence. This includes Vendor Due Diligence (VDD), Buyer Due Diligence (BDD) and Project Due Diligence (PDD), Yard Assessment (YA) and Technology Assessment (TA) – enabling lenders to assess and price the risks of failure to achieve project objectives.
With a presence in more than 100 countries and a track record in complex due diligence studies, our business and technical experts provide a multi-disciplinary service that pools resources from throughout DNV:
- Asset portfolio analysis and value enhancement
- Operational assessment
- Asset integrity assessment; vessel condition review and inspection
- Management system review, including HSQE assessment
- Opex and Capex review
- Newbuilding and project management
- Yard production, capacity and quality review
- Vessel valuation
- End of life assessment; decommissioning obligations, costs and risks
- Overall evaluation and review of governance and operating procedures; KPI, procurement, regulatory permits, emission requirements and other environmental issues
- Business and project implications of technical risks
- Project risk and its implication towards project schedule and budget
- Technology review and assessment of its novelty and potential
- Decarbonization and ESG risk and opportunity
With DNV’s maritime due diligence services, you get in-depth technical and commercial insights such as:
- Improved understanding of risks and opportunities from new technology and the impact of decarbonization and digitalization
- World-class project risk modelling
- Reliable risk analysis and cost estimation
- Independent advice
- Reduced risk
- Improved accuracy of valuations
- A stronger negotiating position
- Cost and time savings