This course provides an introduction to Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and the business benefits. The course includes a workshop on the requirements of the ISO 14001 and approaches to identifying environmental aspects and impacts.
Specific attention will be paid to the High Level Structure (HLS), the context of the organization, risks and opportunities and how to use these risks and opportunities as input for your operational control.
The training is also useful for those responsible for the conversion of the ISO 14001: 2004 to ISO 14001: 2015 and fulfills the prior knowledge requirement of other Environmental Management Systems training courses provided by us.
Additional benefits include:
- Access to course material augmented with exclusive insights from big data analytics based on our database of millions of audit findings worldwide
- Free access to our online self-assessment tool where you can quickly implement and practice learnings as well as to measure your company performance against specific management system standards
This course is designed to provide an understanding of Environmental Management Systems.
At the end of the course, attendees will understand:
- How ISO 14001 fits into the big picture
- How an EMS can improve your business
- Environmental issues and their identification
This course will interest all those wanting to gain an insight into ISO 14001 and those intending to take other EMS courses with us.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Environment and energy; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.