The duration of this course is 16 hours. This course will cover the similarities and differences between requirements of the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety and the Food Safety Modernization Act’s (FSMA) Preventive Controls rule.
BRCGS’ HARPC course is not a substitute for the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Preventive Controls course. HARPC encompasses far more in the way of food safety assessment and control than a traditional hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plan.
ObjectiveAt the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe how the BRCGS Standard for Food Safety aligns with FSMA’s Preventive Controls rule
- Explain the BRCGS Standards and HARPC requirements for development and management of a food safety plan
- Adapt a BRCGS food safety management system (FSMS) to meet Preventive Controls regulation
- Review common non-conformities related to HACCP and HARPC found in BRCGS audits
- Review risk analysis principles
The course is targeted at Operational, Quality and Technical staff responsible for developing and the day-today management of the HARPC plan and BRCGS Professionals.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Food safety; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.