Fire safety and fire extinguishing systems
Your partner for all questions regarding fire safety - from approval and certification to technical expertise.
To ensure the safe operation of ships, all fire-resistant construction parts as well as fire detection and firefighting systems must function reliably.
DNV experts for fire safety perform approval of drawings in accordance with our class rules and international regulations such as the SOLAS Convention, the MODU Code and the HSC Code. Additionally, we approve and certify products for fire-resistant constructions, fire extinguishing systems and equipment.
- Design approval for fire-resistant constructions
- Type approval for fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- Certification for fire safety equipment according to the Marine Equipment Directive (MED)
Our fire safety specialists actively follow up all findings from surveys and fire-related incidents. We release guidance papers and recommended actions, bringing these to the attention of shipowners, managers and other parties. This ensures continuous improvement of fire prevention systems leading to greater safety for people, cargo, ships and the environment.
With DNV as your partner, you benefit from:
- Products and designs that meet all requirements for fire protection in shipping
- High safety levels in the event of a fire
- Continuous knowledge development due to our ongoing experience and analyses
- Technical support and guidance on safety and compliance whenever you need it