To gain basic knowledge of the relevant ISPS Code requirements and understanding on board security management.
Basic maritime knowledge
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The module deals with the requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) for shipping companies, shipping personnel and maritime authorities.
The participants will learn the required steps for establishing a Ship Security Plan (SSP), the methods generally used for its implementation and maintenance on board and the procedures for certification.
General principles of security are explained with practical examples.
The course focuses on:
- Information about the background and mandatory requirements of SOLAS and the ISPS Code
- Introduction to the elements of the ISPS Code
- Basic knowledge regarding the performance of security assessments
- Information about internal/external verifications and the certification procedure
- Necessity of security awareness and vigilance