This course is offered as classroom training, or as online training on request.
The course focuses on structural analysis of offshore wind turbine support structures, with main focus on jacket based support structures. You will use GeniE and Splice to linearize a non-linear pile-soil foundation, perform an Eigenvalue analysis and use Framework for carrying out fatigue analysis due to waves as well as due to (cyclic) damage equivalent loads. GeniE is used to perform a code check based on extreme loads. You will also use Sesam Wind Manager to carry out fatigue and ultimate strength analyses in the time-domain, using time series of wave and wind turbine loads, using a sequential/superelement analysis approach and using an integrated design approach.
The following topics will be covered:
- Linearizing a non-linear pile-soil foundation
- Eigenvalue analysis of jacket structures
- Fatigue analysis using deterministic wave loads
- Fatigue analysis using (cyclic) damage equivalent loads
- Ultimate strength analysis using extreme loads
- Fatigue analysis using time series of wave and wind turbine loads using rainflow counting
- Ultimate strength analysis in the time domain
- Time domain analysis using a sequential, superelement and integrated analysis approach
- Conversion of a superelement and wave loads or an integrated model from Sesam to wind turbine tools, conversion of interface and/or member loads from wind turbine tools into Sesam
Structural engineers involved in design, analysis or verification of fixed offshore wind turbine support structures.