The course focuses on direct hydrodynamic analysis and strength analysis methods, part ship and global structural analysis and spectral fatigue calculations. You will go through the process of carrying out global analysis with calculation of loads using Sesam Manager, GeniE, HydroD, Wadam, Wasim and Sestra. Ultimate strength, local analysis and stochastic fatigue calculations are covered with practical examples using Cutres, Xtract, Puls, Submod and Stofat. The course focuses on practical use of the software tools in the analysis workflow.
The following topics will be covered:
- Setting up the workflow in Sesam Manager
- Preparation of global and local models in GeniE
- Hydrodynamic analysis and load transfer to structural model in HydroD
- Part ship analysis based on DNV Offshore rules EDW load transfer from Nauticus Hull
- Yield and buckling panel code check in GeniE
- Spectral fatigue analysis of global and local models in Stofat
You will learn how to perform all necessary steps of assessing the structural integrity of an FPSO.
Structural engineers working with design, analysis or verification of FPSOs.