This course focuses on analysis of jackets including equipment loads, hydrodynamic environmental conditions, and pile/soil foundation. Concept modelling of the jacket and environment is done in GeniE, wave load analysis in Wajac, linear static/dynamic analysis in Sestra, nonlinear pile/soil analysis in Splice, and code checking of beams and tubular joints in GeniE. The course also focuses redesign of members. Fatigue analysis in Framework using a deterministic and a dynamic spectral with equivalent static load (ESL) approach is presented.
The following topics will be covered:
- Advanced modelling of the jacket, loads, and environmental conditions
- Modelling of the pile/soil foundation
- Nonlinear pile/soil analysis and code checking for piles
- Code checking for beams/joints and redesign of beams
- Foundation linearization for fatigue analysis
- Eigenvalue analysis
- Fatigue analysis – deterministic
- Fatigue analysis – dynamic spectral with ESL
Structural engineers performing offshore structural analysis and design engineering of jacket structures.