Course descriptionElastomers are used throughout the offshore industry in several types of applications: seals, packers, bearings, flexible joints, corrosion protection, hoses and more. This course will give you some basic understanding of elastomer materials and the related challenges, to assess and improve the quality and robustness of offshore equipment. The following subjects will be covered by lectures and group work:
- Introduction to elastomers
- Elastomer characteristics, challenges and failure mechanisms
- Elastomer production
- Elastomer types and selection of elastomer
- Qualification of elastomeric products
- Standards and test methods
- Specification of elastomer materials.
All with a special focus on offshore applications.
The course includes a digital work book with useful information for future work with elastomers.