Approval of material manufacturers
Take advantage of DNV’s approval of material manufacturers to enhance your business.
Manufacturers of metallic and non-metallic materials need to be approved when serving customers seeking DNV classification for their ships or marine products.
To obtain DNV approval, our experts verify your manufacturing processes for compliance with our classification rules and further relevant standards. This is normally done during a test program supervised by a DNV surveyor.
During this verification, manufacturers demonstrate that:
- They have suitable facilities for manufacturing, testing and inspection
- The manufacturing is carried out by qualified personnel
- Constant monitoring of product quality has been established
The businesses we serve:
- Primary production of materials, such as iron, steel, nonferrous metals, resins and fibres for non-metallic components
- Fabrication of products, such as forgings, plates, pipes, tubes, polymers, fibre-reinforced composites and acrylics
- Material processing and distribution, such as material service centres, heat treatment workshops, welding companies and materials suppliers
- We also carry out the assessment of the QMS of material of manufacturers according to the EU Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) [2014/68/EU]
- You benefit from high-quality materials as well as customer trust and confidence when gaining DNV approval.
- Enhanced business opportunities within the maritime industry as the holder of a reputable DNV approval certificate
- A listing of your approval in the list of approved manufacturers available on the DNV website so that potential customers can easily find you