Make sure that you are compliant with the AFS Convention adopted by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
In shipping, it is essential to ensure all anti-fouling systems are compliant with the International Convention on the control of harmful Anti-Fouling Systems (AFS) to protect the environment from toxic substances.
DNV has been entrusted to handle the control of harmful anti-fouling systems under the AFS Convention on behalf of several flag state administrations.
The key elements of the convention for your ships and assets are:
- Ban of application, re-application, installation and use of AFS containing organotin compounds acting as a biocide (TBT)
- Ships must carry an International Anti-Fouling System (IAFS) Certificate as evidence of compliance with the convention
At DNV, dedicated specialists provide you with technical support that enables you to handle the control of your anti-fouling system. Our services consist of document review, inspection and testing. Additionally, we certify compliance of EU-flagged ships and ships intended for trade in EU waters.
We help you demonstrate your green credentials. You gain:
- Globally recognised DNV expertise and certification
- Smart and efficient compliance assessment processes
- Clean and compliant ships