This course introduces the Sesam tool Sima for coupled analysis of floating systems in time domain. Sima is a complete tool for simulation from modelling to results presentation. The participants will learn how to use the 3D visualized Sima GUI for modelling of the floater, slender structure, set-up and execution of the analysis, as well as post-processing the analysis results.
In this course, Sima is used as the general GUI and platform, supported by the main solvers Simo and Riflex.
The following topics will be covered:
- Concept modelling of riser/mooring system and vessels
- Environmental load modelling
- Coupled analysis, set up and execution
- The seamless interaction with HydroD, Simo and Riflex
- Post processing of time series results
- Fatigue analysis of lines
- Code check of steel risers
Structural engineers/naval architects involved in design or verification of floating offshore installations and the interaction with risers and moorings.