RAM software for subsea facilities
The progress within subsea technology opens the door for new developments and projects. Subsea processing can encompass a number of different initiatives to help reduce the cost and complexity of developing an offshore field.
Additionally, the maintenance strategy of subsea facilities typically requires a special attention: Remote Operated Vehicles (ROVs), divers and specialized personnel are not always available in the market. Understanding the impact of maintenance resourcing delays is of fundamental importance.
Maros allows a detailed simulation for subsea facilities and incorporates key system parameters.
Combining your knowledge to the most powerful RAM analysis for subsea developments
Combining your experience about your asset's operations to a performance forecasting model with RAM analysis software is essential to accurately understand the impact of failure of main components in a subsea module.
Maros RAM analysis software empowers analysts to take into account:
- Failure and repair distributions for each subsea equipment item
- Ability to model logical events to represent operational strategies or constraints
- Various planned intervention strategies
- Impact of weather on intervention durations
- ROVs and specialized personnel
- Vessel availability constraints (seasonal issues, number of vessels)
- Individual well production profiles, including a demand profile
- Wells phasing in and out over the duration of life
- Varying spare subsea well capabilities
- Economic parameters (mobilization costs, day rates, oil price, etc. economic cut-off dates for interventions)
The extensive modelling list allows an analyst to:
- Evaluate the achieved production efficiency and production losses
- Rank of critical systems, equipment and modes of failure
- Assess detailed results for the number of vessel’s intervention taking into account mobilization time and hours of usage broken down by activity
- Assess operational costs, revenue losses and through-life NPV reduction because of subsea failures/activities
Some of the questions Maros software can help you answer:
- What is the production efficiency for the base case design?
- How does production efficiency vary for the sensitivity cases related to different design configurations?
- What is the impact of different maintenance strategies?
- What is the impact of delays related to maintenance resources?
- What is the impact of maintenance and logistics issues?
- What is the impact of operational flexibility (e.g. recovery mechanism)?
- What is the incremental NPV for the alternate scenarios against the base case?