The benefits of Risk Based Inspection (RBI) applications are well accepted for reducing asset operational risk, and directing a more targeted maintenance spend. Despite this, many asset operators still find that taking the first step implementing a software based Asset Integrity Management Systems (AIMS) solution is a daunting decision, and never start. Synergi Plant foundation bundle has been developed with a pre-configured Inspection Data Management System (IDMS) workflow, and API 581 compliant RBI module to reduce the complexity and simplify deployment of an AIMS solution.
Globally, asset operators strive to optimise their asset operations. The foundation of ensuring plant availability is a robust asset integrity program that is based in best practice and conforms to an internationally accepted standard. Using a risk-based approach as defined in the API 581 standard provides a framework to reduce overall risk and can be used to target maintenance spend.
DNV has been closely involved in the development of the API 581 standard from the start, taking an active part in the ongoing development, and offer the market leading Synergi Plant RBI Onshore tool. When combined with Synergi Plant IDMS it creates a platform for inspection management and RBI.
The latest release of Synergi Plant foundation bundle (IDMS + RBI) takes much of the complexity out of the early stages of implementing an AIMS solution. It comes with a pre-configured inspection workflow with an integrated API 581 compliant RBI tool. It was developed working with our domain experts and clients and is based on their feedback.
In this webinar we explore:
- The challenges & practicalities of implementation of an IDMS and RBI solution
- Considerations when choosing a tool and how to get started
- Best practice approaches to IDMS, its use in RBI, feedback from inspection to RBI (inspection effectiveness, corrosion rate calculations and cost benefit ratios)
- Considerations for user adoption, on-going support, software training
- Planning for the future (CMMS integration, dashboards, roadmap items, evergreening)
- John Fryatt, Global Business Development and Pre-sales, DNV
- Tommy Tang, Global Technical Lead, DNV