The required analyses needed for design and strength assessment of offshore wind projects are increasing. Additionally, there is pressure on project teams to work faster and more cost efficiently. Significant computational power is needed to do all necessary design iterations within the required project time frame. DNV’s cloud FEA compute services give access to virtually unlimited computational power. Users can run structural analyses in the cloud, enabling fast, simultaneous runs of many load cases. In this presentation we run through the superelement workflow using the structural engineering software tools Sesam and Bladed, focusing on the implemented cloud computing functionalities.
- Introduction to modelling in Sesam and Bladed
- Generation of foundation superelements and wave loads in the cloud
- Structural analysis based on superelement, wave loads and wind turbine to generate wind turbine interface loads in the cloud
- Structural analysis using foundation, wave and wind turbine interface loads in the cloud
- Viewing results in the cloud using Sesam Insight
- Re-running post-processing for redesign in the cloud