A safe, healthy and productive working environment
The global oil and gas industry is working to secure a safe, productive and human-centered working environment, and a standard of welfare consistent with the level of technological and social development in the sector.
Human centered design is at the core of good working environment, based on the holistic balance of understanding the people (cognitive, physiology, psychology), managing the physical and the technical (design) and the organizational (processes) elements, within a complex environment.
A good working environment is a critical element that contributes towards safe and successful operations in the oil and gas industry influenced by high focus on cost and production regularity, heightened requirements for health and safety, and lower tolerability to work-related illness and accidents.
In DNV, we work with an integrated and systemic approach to address working environment in design and operations to support the goal of the industry.
We can support your projects and operations through securing a working environment that provides a basis for a productive and human centered optimized working situation, that affords safety from harmful influences.
DNV has a global network of working environment specialists across the company with broad experience from a wide range of industries and disciplines. We see working environment as a integral part of managing safety.
Our competences in technical design, industry operations, cognitive sciences, physiology and psychology can help you understand how to design for and manage working environment in your organization. We trust that a good working environment can be achieved through a balanced understanding of risks and optimizing contextual factors that influence human performance.
What you get
We are actively involved in all phases of projects and operations to provide;
- Management of WE in design and operations i.e. management systems, barrier management, project management, compliance management, etc.
- Decision support for design and operations activities
- Assurance through validation and verification activities
- Training on regulatory requirements i.e. courses
- Operating license processes i.e. safety studies, AoC, etc.
- Measurements for noise, vibrations, illumination and chemical exposure
- Mapping of WE risks in operations
- Incident and accident investigations.