Decarbonization Plan by Maritime Advisory
The ship-specific Decarbonization Plan is tailored to your short-term business needs while providing long-term benefits. The plan is optimized for achieving energy efficiency, reducing fuel consumption and exposure to carbon tax (e.g. EU ETS) – all leading to GHG compliance at minimal cost for the expected lifetime of your vessel.
Navigating the landscape of decarbonization requirements and complying with all the regulations in the short term can be a challenging task. Looking ahead and defining the right decarbonization plan for your business, while keeping market developments and operational and financial needs in mind, can be even more complex.
This is where Maritime Advisory by DNV comes in – with the Decarbonization Plan, based on a strong technical foundation. DNV has collected a unique set of detailed insights into the ship-specific CAPEX and OPEX impacts of each energy efficiency measure, resulting in a comprehensive database which is continuously updated with the latest developments in technology.
With their deep expertise in the maritime and decarbonization domains, our technical experts are prepared to help you every step of the way to transform the output of the Decarbonization Plan into actual implementation and operation. They are not just experts – they are your partners on the journey, breaking down each measure and helping you choose what is best for your vessel while maximizing your return on investment.
Decarbonization Plan – your optimal and compliant pathway
The Decarbonization Plan enables you to map out your compliance strategy – helping you realize your decarbonization targets in the most efficient way possible. It sets you up to stay ahead of the curve and get insights into implementing energy efficiency measures that support you in reducing fuel consumption and your exposure to carbon tax like the EU ETS – ultimately allowing you to achieve compliance along the CII trajectory.
This Decarbonization Plan maps out the years ahead, for optimal utilization of operational measures and a smart timing of retrofits along with your docking schedule, for the lifetime of your vessel but with the short-terms needs of the SEEMP III Plans covered as well.
Now is the time to think ahead and get your Decarbonization Plan prepared, to implement the right measures at the right time and thus to ensure compliance of your fleet in the most cost-effective manner.
Your key benefits of the Decarbonization Plan for vessels in service and newbuilds
- Gain high-level insights and a ship-specific plan for the long-term decarbonization of your vessels’ operation
- Identify and implement energy-efficient measures to significantly reduce fuel consumption, thereby reducing fuel costs and the impact of new tax regimes (e.g. EU ETS and FuelEU Maritime)
- Ensure GHG compliance with regulatory and stakeholder requirements
- Remain competitive in the market, with cost-efficiency as a key driver
- Build stronger relationships and a reputable standing within the value chain, including among charterers and cargo owners
- Use the best options from our extensive Abatement Insights database with ship-specific alternatives
About the service
The Decarbonization Plan incorporates our insights into the drivers for decarbonization and our knowledge of decarbonization options. The plan aims to assist shipowners and operators in developing cost-efficient and technically solvable decarbonization strategies and reduction plans with a short payback period.
While focusing on navigating the different abatement options to ensure compliance with the requirements of the IMO, the plan also supports the management of various needs of stakeholders such as the EU, banks, insurers and charterers. Thus, we make sure the plan is not just in compliance with the IMO’s requirements but is also aligned with the Poseidon Principles and Sea Cargo Charter. An assessment of the impact of the plan on EU taxes for vessels and fleet is also considered.
The Decarbonization Plan is the perfect tool to identify the right sequence of measures, optimizing cost efficiency in both the short and long term.
- GHG compliance status and benchmarking of your vessels and fleet
- Identification of best options for improvement – operational, technical, and blend-in fuel alternatives
- Cost–benefit analysis of different measures
- High-level impact on EEXI for existing vessels or EEDI for newbuilds
- Docking schedule of the individual vessel
- Considerations regarding CO2 price, fuel price and share (%) of fuel cost
- Considerations regarding the EU ETS and FuelEU Maritime
- Inclusion of SEEMP Part III requirements
Optimized plan development supported by data: Abatement Insights
The key to the Decarbonization Plan is our Abatement Insights database, which contains information about more than 50 different energy-efficiency measures based on consolidated data and project experience. Considering both mature, proven technologies as well as several novel technologies that are currently in the research stage, the platform enables our experts to source information for the Decarbonization Plan going far beyond the standards to truly match your needs.