The aim of the course is to aid attendees and their organizations to understand the purpose of a quality management system, of quality management systems standards and the business benefits of improved quality performance.
The course concentrates on the structure and the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 version and its relationship with ISO 9000. ISO 9001 can be used by any organization regardless of size or industry.
As well as gaining an understanding of ISO 9001 attendees will benefit from access to course material augmented with exclusive insights from big data analytics. They will also gain free access to DNV’s online self-assessment tool for implementing and practicing learnings and measuring company performance against specific management system standards.
This course is the ideal starting point in learning the basics of quality management systems and their role in modern business practices.
Upon completion attendees will have a very good understanding of:
- What is a management system, quality management principles and the “Deming Cycle” (Plan, Do, Check, Act).
- What needs to be considered when developing or upgrading your existing management systems to meet the High-Level Structure (HLS) requirements.
- Requirements of the 2015 version of the ISO 9001.
- Types of emerging stakeholder (interested parties) pressures on your business.
- Risk based thinking - types of risks linked to your business processes.
- The new versions of the standard as enablers for sustainable business performance.
The course is targeted at all employees likely to be involved in the planning and implementation of a quality management system, including:
- Quality, EMS and QES managers;
- Sustainability managers;
- Executives & professionals engaged in the development or preparing for the upgrade of existing management systems;
- Trainers and consultants who search for basic knowledge related to the changes expected in the revised ISO 9001;
- Students and others interested in quality management.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Quality & performance; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.