What you get with MAPS Viewer
- A fee free service with access to gas mains and plant records for more than 80,000 miles of pipe operated by Cadent Gas Limited via a quarterly digital download for offline use
- Background geography for the maps, provided by Ordnance Survey's Landline range of mapping solutions
Key benefits of MAPS Viewer
- Can be installed on any PC running Microsoft Windows 2000 or later
(Please note that this application may run but is not officially supported on Microsoft operating systems later than Windows XP)
- Run MAPS Viewer from a local hard disk, with data optionally installed or read from digital download
- Contact details of network owners’ offices shown in 'dial-before-you-dig' function – crucial in obtaining copies of latest plans before work is to be carried out in the vicinity of any plant
- Application support helpdesk 9am-5pm weekdays UK time
(firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +44 1509 282800)
The download will be updated and availalbe by 10th of the month in January, April, July and October.
Please note: Plans provided by DNV only show those pipes owned by Cadent Gas Limited in its role as a Licensed Gas Transporter (GT). The plan may show future pipework, plant or other assets or existing pipework, plant or other assets which may be removed or abandoned by Cadent from its gas network at any time in the future. Apparatus installed within the last 90 days and other apparatus including (but not limited to) service pipes, valves, siphons and stub connections may be present in the area but may not be shown on the plan, however, their presence should be anticipated. Gas pipes owned by any third party GTs, or otherwise privately owned, may also be present in this area but may not be shown. Areas of operation or facilities operated by any other GT may be shown on the plan, however, such information is based on information provided by such independent GT’s. Information with regard to such third party pipes, operations or facilities should be obtained from the relevant owners.
The information shown on this plan is given without warranty or representation by Cadent as to its completeness, accuracy or as to its up to date representation of any geography or pipework or other assets. Save for any matter for which it is not permitted by law to exclude or limit its liability, neither Cadent nor its affiliates, nor any agents, servants or contractors of the same, shall have any liability arising out of or in connection with the information provided in the plan (whether present or future), whether in contract, tort, misrepresentation (excluding fraudulent misrepresentation), under statute or otherwise, howsoever caused including (without limitation) by negligence.
Safe digging practices, in accordance with HSG47, must be used to verify and establish the actual position of mains, pipes, services and other apparatus on site before any work is undertaken. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is provided to all persons (either direct labour or contractors) working for you on or near gas apparatus and all reasonable precautions should be taken by you and those persons working for you to locate any buried or other assets.