Engineering analysis of free spanning pipelines - FatFree
A professional software for engineering analysis of free spanning pipelines according to the DNV Recommended Practice, DNVGL-RP-F105.
FatFree software is used for the design, assessment and reassessment of submarine pipeline spans in compliance with the DNV Recommended Practice DNVGL-RP-F105. The software enables you to design fatigue lifetime for new free spanning pipelines due to Vortex Induced Vibrations and direct wave loading and re-assess fatigue lifetime of pipelines in operation. It supports the requirements for free spanning pipelines according to recognised design standards such as e.g. DNVGL-ST-F101, API RP 1111 and ASME B31.8
What can FatFree do for you?
- Help you make a safe engineering analysis of free spans under environmental loads.
- Helps you decide about the need to correct or intervene a span, helping to save costs related to free span correction
- Supports the use of modern limit state Recommended Practice, and the performance of more detailed assessments which may lead to increased fatigue life calculations.
Improved decision making with FatFree
- Calculates fatigue life due to inline and crossflow vortex induced vibrations, direct wave loading, and crossflow wave induced vibration at low KC
- ‘No wave’ mode suitable for current-dominated VIV, e.g. for deep waters or river crossings
- Supports safe engineering analysis for maximum allowable free span
- Improves decision-making on correction or intervention of a span
- Saves costs on unnecessary free span corrections
- Recommended Practice based on modern limit state principles
- Assesses first and higher order modes (multi-mode assessment)
- Assesses interacting free spans
- Uses built-in models for pipe-soil interaction, fatigue (SN) curves and vibration response, or
- Uses detailed user defined response data from e.g. Finite Element Analysis or other sources, for increased accuracy and further reduction in conservatism
- Calculates stresses in two hotspots, e.g. at root and toe girth weld, in one go
Have a lot of freespans?...DNV now offers a FatFree REST API service
FatFree REST API provides seamless integration with your inhouse business systems, resulting in improved productivity and flexibility. The API provides the API definition and code examples to aid in the integration process.