Among other things, answers to the following questions will be provided:
- Who are the stakeholders in the electricity supply system, and what are their roles and responsibilities?
- How does the electricity supply system work, and what are its main components?
- What safety and protection systems are in place in the grid?
- What exactly is the difference between current, voltage, power and energy?
- What are active and reactive power, and why are they important?
- How is network power quality influenced?
- How are supply and demand matched in electricity markets and what can the role of storage be?
- How is it decided which production units supply electricity?
- What is meant by power flow and network congestion?
- What effects do renewable energy resources have on the grid and the market?
This course is the ideal way to improve your basic knowledge of the electricity supply system.
This course is designed for anyone whose work involves the electricity supply system directly or indirectly, and who wants to increase their understanding of the related issues.
An elementary knowledge of electricity and/or physics is recommended, but is not required.