In case of a vessel receiving an inferior environmental rating (1 x E or 3 x D) based on submitted IMO DCS data, company is required to submit a revision of SEEMP Part III containing Corrective Actions Plan (CAP). Companies are required to submit the CAP together with, but in no case later than 1 month after reporting attained annual operational CII based on annual DCS report.
Corrective Actions Plan should describe the actions that a vessel plans to take to achieve at least a C rating for the calendar year following the adoption of the CAP and ultimately the required CII.
Corrective Actions Plan shall include:
- Analysis for the cause of the inferior CII rating
- Analysis of the performance of implemented measures
- List of additional measures/revised measures, necessary for achieving the required CII
- Designation of the company person to be responsible for corrective actions implementation
RecommendationsEvaluating and monitoring your vessel's CII rating is an important part of ensuring the safety and efficiency of your operation. Here are some steps you can follow to evaluate and monitor your vessel's CII rating:
- Review performance data: Collect data on key performance indicators, such as maintenance records, fuel consumption, voyage reports, and inspection reports. Use this information to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Conduct regular assessments of your vessel's operations and performance, including safety inspections, risk assessments, and operational audits. These assessments can help identify potential problems and provide an opportunity to address them before they become more serious.
- Engage stakeholders including crew, management, and customers, in the evaluation process. Encourage them to share their perspectives and experiences and use this feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Use benchmarking tools such as the Emissions Insights, to compare your vessel's performance against industry standards and best practices. This can help you identify areas where you can improve and provide valuable insights into areas where you are excelling.
- Monitor progress: Regularly monitor progress and track the results of your efforts to improve your vessel's CII rating. This will help you determine whether your actions are having the desired effect and identify areas where additional efforts are needed.
- Continuously improve: Continuously assess and improve your vessel's operations, processes, and procedures. Regularly review and update your safety procedures and incorporate new technology and best practices as they become available.
By following these steps, you can effectively evaluate and monitor your vessel's CII rating and ensure that your operation remains safe and efficient.