Get in touch
DNV supports you in ensuring safer mooringWe care deeply about maritime safety and are dedicated to contributing to safer and smarter mooring operations.
Services for newbuildings
The new IMO guidelines MSC.1/Circ.1619, MSC.1/Circ.1620 and MSC.1/Circ.1175 include new requirements to be considered for newbuildings after 1 January 2024.
DNV offers voluntary class notation Mooring, DNV-RU-SHIP Pt.6 Ch.5 Sec.25, which will confirm compliance with SOLAS II-1/3-8 and related guidelines MSC.1/Circ.1619 and MSC.1/Circ.1620.
Services for ships in operation
As a classification society, DNV may offer a voluntary Statement of Compliance with MSC.1/Circ.1620 “Guidelines for inspection and maintenance of mooring equipment including lines”. This service is offered until 1st of January 2024. After that time, the compliance with MSC.1/Circ.1620 will be covered by Safe Construction Certificate. Alternatively, voluntary class notation Mooring can be offered.
Our maritime advisory team can provide customized support to your mooring needs. Some examples are:
- Inspection and maintenance plan – review and improve the plan and recordkeeping for the inspection and maintenance of mooring equipment
- Mooring Line Management Plan – establish a regime for inspection, maintenance and replacement of mooring equipment and mooring lines
- Ship design MBL (MBLSD) – perform system design review and mooring calculations (when necessary) to determine Ship design MBL (MBLSD), especially for vessels where the original design standard is unclear
- Mooring risk management – following the design and operational review, identify mooring risks and plan mitigation measures
- Site specific mooring analysis – calculate mooring load, environmental limit for specific mooring terminal / quay, perform ship-terminal compatibility check, suggest on operational measures to be considered for adverse weather conditions.
- MEG4 compliance support – Pre-vetting and post-vetting technical support, safe-to-use design, and human factors in addition to MSMP preparation (request MSMP template here).