Mooring operations continue to pose safety risks for mooring crew and shore personnel. We help you to review and verify the effectiveness of your vessels’ mooring system design as well as on-board mooring practices. We also provide support on vetting compliance and preparedness, and, most importantly, on safer mooring operations.
Receive effective support to improve your management on mooring:
DNV assists you in achieving better preparedness for compliance and safer operations, by utilizing our extensive experience on mooring system design criteria and mooring operational best practices.
Our Advisory team can provide:
- Pre-vetting and post-vetting technical support
- Assistance in MSMP preparation
- Define Ship Design MBL, backed by mooring calculations
- Review mooring practice on board and identify areas of improvements
- Supporting risk assessment by calculations and technical verifications
- Decision-making support for mooring line purchase
We have now launched Safe Mooring Connect, a digital tool which can be used as a common platform to prepare, manage and share data about ship mooring design and operation. Key functions of Safe Mooring Connect will be:
Ship Design MBL calculator & MSMP Part B reporting (live)
Site-specific mooring calculator and lay-up mooring calculator
Mooring line management records for daily operation
Safe Mooring Connect creates a single port of call for your mooring information management and will eventually facilitate collaboration among ship managers, crew, ports, inspectors, equipment makers and other stakeholders through a user managed sharing mechanism.