TL 9000 – Telecommunications quality management
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Assure buyers that you have processes in place ensuring consistent quality across products and services.
A standard specific to the telecommunication industry, TL 9000 defines requirements central to design, development, production, deployment and maintenance of telecommunications products and services. Built on the ISO 9001 quality management system standard, the standard is designed to meet industry supply chain requirements. In addition, it provides a system for measuring and tracking performance and improving results.
Certification to TL 9000 provides assurance to any buyers or other stakeholders that your products and services are dependable.
What is TL 9000
Developed to drive industry consistency, TL 9000 helps companies meet the supply chain quality requirements of the worldwide telecommunications industry. The standard aims to help the industry achieve the following goals:
- Establish and maintain a common set of telecom QMS requirements, which reduces the number of standards for the industry
- Foster a system that protects the integrity and use of telecom products hardware, software and services
- Define effective cost and performance-based measurements to guide progress and evaluate the results of QMS implementation
- Drive continual improvement and enhance customer relationships
- Leverage the industry conformity assessment process
TL 9000 consists of two parts, supplementing the ISO 9001 requirements with industry specific requirements ranging from software development and specialized service functions to supply chain communication and quality reporting.
Benefits of certification
TL 9000 certified organisations effectively communicate that they comply with ISO 9001, telecom-specific requirements and industry measurements.
- Continuous improvement of services and customer satisfaction
- Enhanced customer/supplier relationships
- Proof of commitment and compliance to standardized quality system requirements with focus on cycle time reductions, on-time deliveries, return rates, reliability and defect elimination
- Ability to demonstrate quality performance, sharing data and results
Where do I go from here?
For certification, you need to implement an effective quality management system complying with the requirements of the standard. DNV - Business Assurance is an accredited third party certification body. We provide relevant training and certification.