As incentives for utilities to own renewable energy projects grow and change, it is not always clear which path to ownership is the best. One such path becoming more popular is through Build-Transfer Agreements (BTA). There are many variants of BTAs, including asset purchase agreements (APA) with a form of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract attached. To better execute on BTAs, it is important to understand the associated risks and learn how to best mitigate them. What are these main technical risks that utilities need to consider when negotiating?
Watch our on-demand webinar, hosted by American Clean Power, where our speakers answered this question on risk mitigation and dive deeper into build transfer agreements and the APA/EPC!
- Moderator: Cory Gessert - Head of Section, Engineering
- Adam Abatzis - Manager, Solar Due Diligence
- Jeff Newmiller - Principal Engineer
- Michael Cookson - Principal Engineer
- Michael Longfellow - Senior Structural Engineer
- Nathan Kautzer - Senior Electrical Engineer
- Reem Bashatly - Senior Energy Storage Consultant