Get an overview of the technical and regulatory landscape of the many alternative fuels for ships.
The following sessions are available as recordings plus slides decks:
- Status and trends for uptake of alternative fuels (DNV)
— Status on uptake of alternative fuels (LNG, scrubber, battery)
— Overview of the Alternative Fuels Insights platform
- Operational experience of scrubbers (Alfa Laval)
— Lessons learned in the field - process & design improvements after 10 years
— Scrubber maintenance and operation, what does it require?
— What to do in case of scrubber breakdowns?
— Compliance reporting, how does that work?
- The IMO GHG strategy (Norwegian Ministry of Climate and Environment)
— Meeting the IMO 2050 GHG reduction ambition will require substantial introduction of non-fossil fuels – how can the IMO provide and prepare for a fuel shift pathway?
- Comparison of alternative marine fuels (DNV)
— Key findings from DNV’s recent study for SEA\LNG
— Comparison of alternative fuels on a set of key parameters such as energy density, CAPEX, fuel price, GHG emissions and local emssions
- Maritime Forecast to 2050 (DNV)
— Barriers and bridging philosophy
— Which alternative fuels are likely to be more competitive in the long term
— DNV’s newly published energy mix forecasts for shipping towards 205
- LNG's pathway to decarbonization (Shell)
— The journey from LNG to LBG and synthetic methane in the future
- Fuel flexibility for ships with dual fuel engines (Wärtsilä)
— Wärtsilä fuel strategy and R&D program on hydrogen, ammonia, synthetic gas and VOC
— LNG as a key enabler to start the energy transition
— System design and fuel flexibility – Floating Supply and regasification unit