New cyber security threats to critical electricity transmission and distribution infrastructure are emerging daily as hackers become faster and more creative.
In this webinar, organised by OMICRON, speakers from DNV and OMICRON present their insights about recommended practices for ensuring the cybersecurity of operational technology (OT) networks in utilities and discuss efficient detection and response processes.
- Understanding best practices to secure the networks in control centres, power plants and substations
- Selecting the right countermeasures and preventive actions to take
- Learn why it is important that power engineers and IT security officers work together to secure the grid
- Identifying why intrusion detection in power utility automation networks is key for minimizing the consequences of cyber-attacks
Bas Kruimer, Business Director Digital Grid Operations, DNV
- Utility Cybersecurity – People – Processes – Technology
- The journey to implement cybersecurity in the utility OT environment
- Recommended practices and examples
Andreas Klien, Power Grid Cybersecurity Expert, OMICRON
- Why do I need to monitor for cyber intrusions in power grid OT networks?
- Common issues when applying IDS in control centres, power plants and substations
- Recommendations on how power engineers and IT officers can efficiently work together in OT security processes
This webinar is useful for:
OT and IT security officers in utilities
Basic knowledge about OT security
Find out more about the webinar and register for the event by visiting the organisers' web pages here.