This standard (ST) provides principles, technical requirements and guidance for extending the lifetime of wind turbines onshore and offshore.
The objectives of this ST are to:
- allow the assessment of wind turbines in order to ascertain whether they are fit for lifetime extension
- provide an acceptable level of safety (in combination with referenced standards, recommended practices, guidelines, etc.)
- serve as a standard for operators, manufacturers and experts for lifetime extension
- specify requirements for lifetime extension of wind turbines subject to DNV certification
- serve as a contractual reference document related to all questions concerning lifetime extension of wind turbines.