The standard (ST) specifies general principles and requirements for the structural design of floating wind turbine structures.
The objectives of this ST are to:
- provide an internationally acceptable level of safety by defining minimum requirements for structures and structural components (in combination with referenced standards, recommended practices, guidelines, etc.)
- serve as a contractual reference document between suppliers and purchasers related to design, construction, installation and in-service inspection
- serve as a guideline for designers, suppliers, purchasers and regulators
- specify procedures and requirements for floating wind turbine structures subject to DNV certification
- serve as a basis for verification of floating wind turbine structures for which DNV is contracted to perform the verification.