Utility asset management and condition based maintenance - Cascade
Improve your utility asset management and condition-based maintenance to optimize equipment life with Cascade software
Utility asset management for electric grid
Utility asset management enables electric utilities to manage critical assets, tracking age, usage, maintenance history and a range of other variables. Asset performance management (APM) enhances asset management, with data analytics, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance, to support better operational decisions. With a utility asset management system that includes APM capabilities, the risk of equipment failure is minimized, while equipment life is optimized. The results are seen in gained efficiency, lower emissions and reduced costs, with maximum uptime and reliability of service for end users.
Streamlined implementation and access to asset information
Cascade is developed specifically for power utilities and its list of long-term customers ranges from utilities with just a few substations to large regional or national utilities. With the latest release of Cascade, utilities can choose to deploy the solution on-premise or in the cloud, allowing a streamlined implementation. This means small to midsize utilities can now more easily tap into the power of Cascade and DNV’s industry expertise, regardless of their APM maturity.
Cascade supports technical asset management and predictive maintenance, allowing you to optimize your data collection, analysis and operations for improved reliability and regulatory compliance. As your utility advances its APM strategy, Cascade has additional modules and a wide range of integrations to match your needs. This allows improved data stewardship and access to a single source of truth for asset data. Cascade makes it easier to access and interpret data for all stakeholders, while reducing the administrative overhead.
Condition based maintenance software - Cascade
- A condition-based approach to component maintenance and compliance, including predictive maintenance and preventive maintenance
- By combining utility asset management data on the condition and criticality of all your electric utility assets, it allows you to prioritize condition-based maintenance where it will be most effective
- Combines asset condition data (such as Doble test, oil analysis, relay testing, thermography, and visual inspection reads) with real-time operational data to support condition-based and predictive maintenance approaches
- Complete, current information on the health and risk of your key, business-critical electric utility assets
- Draws on over 20 years of DNV experience in technical asset management and reliability
Substation asset management
Substation asset management concerns the operation, maintenance and management of substation assets, such as transformers and breakers. A substation asset management engineer must ensure substation assets are optimally managed to provide the highest levels of system reliability at lowest possible costs. Some of the most common processes used to meet these goals are condition-based maintenance, predictive maintenance and asset lifecycle planning. Cascade gives asset managers and substation asset management engineers fingertip access to technology that combines asset condition data with real-time operational data to support a condition-based maintenance approach.
Browser-based access to asset and maintenance information with Cascade Viewer
Stakeholders across your utility need quick access to asset technical information and maintenance orders. Cascade Viewer is a dynamic web-based solution that gives you an immediate view of the asset and maintenance information in Cascade, clearly presented within a relevant context. Data access is secure and the displays are organized to provide the most common information needed in a single view, with drill-down capability where needed.
Cascade for electric utility asset management
- Is available with flexible solution configuration and deployment options, including on-premise and cloud-hosted for secure and performant access for all users
- Consolidates equipment diagnostics, nameplate, and real-time data, providing a true picture of equipment status for substation asset management
- Helps eliminate dependencies on departmental data siloes
- Lets you identify the impact of potential equipment failures on your organizational operability
- Allows you to prioritize condition-based maintenance while avoiding unnecessary and costly interventions with optimized substation asset management
- Helps you ensure that critical maintenance and testing is not overlooked, using predictive maintenance and preventive maintenance for substation asset management
- Easily integrated directly with most leading enterprise resource planning (ERP and EAM) systems and utility-specific software suites interfaces with a wide variety of test equipment as well as real-time and asset repository data
- Provides standardized interfaces for tools from leading industry diagnostics providers including Doble Test Assistant, Delta-X (Transformer Oil Analyst), Powerbase, and FLIR thermography images
- Allows SCADA and online-monitoring data to be automatically evaluated and captured as equipment reads
- Includes flexible licensing options to fit nearly any implementation, large or small, and in support of simple or advanced electric utility asset management, substation asset management and predictive and condition-based maintenance strategies
- System implementation of Cascade utility asset management software includes professional service options covering introductory workshops on condition-based maintenance software, the necessary planning, data migration and import, installation, training, technical configuration and advice, and enterprise system integrations