This course for prospective internal auditors covers the purpose, structure and content of ISO 27001.
This course is designed to provide attendees with the skills and knowledge to perform internal information security audits, within their organizations, against the ISO 27001 standard. It ensures the correct application of accepted audit protocols as per ISO 19011 and teaches the skills necessary to plan and execute internal audits as well as reporting.
Upon successful completion, attendees will have gained an understanding of:
- Information security systems and the need for audits;
- The roles and responsibilities of auditors;
- An overview of the aim, structure and uses of ISO 27001;
- How to establish an internal audit program;
- How to plan, prepare, perform and report on internal audits in accordance with ISO 19011;
- Gathering objective evidence through effective interviewing, observation & sampling;
- Analyzing and interpreting information in order to determine conformance;
- How to verify corrective actions and deal with difficult audit situations.
This course is suitable for the following:
- Information technology managers;
- Information security managers and administrators;
- Quality officers;
- Risk managers;
- Information security consultants occupied with the task of participating in and/or leading audit teams during audits of the information security management systems.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Information security and service; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.