Floating structure design and modification - Sesam for floating structures
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Floating structure design software for hydrodynamic and finite element analysis of floating and gravity-based structures
Floating structure design and modification
Sesam is the market-leading software for hydrostatic, hydrodynamic and strength analyses of ships and floating offshore structures. With Sesam we help naval architects and engineers working with floating structure design and modification efficiently produce high quality hydrodynamic analyses with automatic load transfer to give an accurate prediction of resulting deformations and stresses. It is also possible to do intact and damaged stability analysis in accordance with common Codes of Practice.
Sesam is used in design and analysis of all types of floating structures, including barges, FPSOs, semi-submersibles, TLPs, spar buoys and gravity-based structures.
Radiation/diffraction software combined with FEM (finite element method)
- One common concept model for hydrostatic, hydrodynamic, global or local strength analysis
- Software for intact and damaged stability calculations and code checks
- Hydrodynamic motion analysis in frequency and time domain
- Inclusion of mooring and risers in calculation of motion characteristics. This can be done in a simplified way in HydroD. Comprehensive inclusion requires the Sesam modules DeepC or Sima
- Calculation of short and long-term response statistics
- Automatic transfer of wave pressure, nodal loads, line loads on beams and inertia and gravity forces to the structural finite element model
- Static and dynamic structural analysis in frequency and time domains
- Ultimate Limit State (ULS) Code checks for beams and stiffened plate/shell
- Stochastic fatigue analysis of plates and shells
- Fast, efficient remodelling and strength analysis of local sub-models for refined fatigue analysis
A complete solution for floating structure analyses
Our integrated solution for floating structures uses the Sesam module HydroD for stability and hydrodynamic analysis. HydroD is the leading software for analysis of all kinds of floating structures. HydroD offers both stability analysis, frequency domain analysis and time domain analysis, all based on one common model, fully integrated with finite element analysis (FEA). Sesam's tool for modelling and post-processing, GeniE, provides efficient modelling and fast evaluation results.
The Sestra module is used to determine the static or dynamic structural response under the applied hydrodynamic inertia and gravity loads. Coupled analysis with moorings, risers and wind turbine can be completed with the module Sima.
Software for gravity based structures and all types of floating structures including those supporting OWT
Sesam's design and analysis technology, proven in the oil and offshore gas industry over the last five decades, is today also being used in floating wind turbine design and analysis.