Doing the project right
Projects are typically characterized by large investments, tight time schedules and the introduction of unproven technology. These challenges result in a high risk exposure.
We help you do the project right
Projects are typically characterized by large investments, tight time schedules and the introduction of unproven technology. These challenges result in a high risk exposure, but also provide opportunities that should be exploited. Often projects overrun and delays occur, creating a negative focus on companies’ reputation and value creation which can result in considerable scrutiny from shareholders, governmental bodies, and other parts of society. These issues make investors and owners more prudent towards risk, and concerned about the robustness of projects.
DNV understands risk at all levels from detailed technical analysis through to long term business strategy. With our global industry experience we can help you apply tailored Project Risk Management solutions to improve project performance and increase stakeholder confidence.
When working with client teams to manage project risks, activities typically include:
- Gaining a working knowledge of the project, its participants and the challenges it faces. We work with the client to determine the key variables that drive project risks.
- Leading the project team through a process to identify and characterize the project risks, and to establish suitable measures to manage them.
- Analyzing the project and the risk contributors to determine key threats to the project and how to manage these threats.
- Formally defining the performance expectations of the risk management measures and assigning actions to maintain standards throughout the project.
- Actively monitoring how the parties involved in the project manage risks by tracking the action plans. This hastens actions to correct errors and ensures that the project responds appropriately to changing circumstances.
- Collecting data on the risk management activities and rapidly informing the project manager of any major concerns. We also advise the project manager on any opportunities for improvement that have been identified.
Typical services include:
- Cost and schedule risk assessments
- Project risk management implementation
- Project risk management tools
- Project risk management training
- Implementation of EasyRisk Manager.