Today DNV GL's President and CEO was appointed as Chairman of the Executive Board of the Research Council of Norway. The Executive Board is the Research Council’s highest authority, and the newly appointed Board will commence Jan 1. 2015.
The main functions of the Research Council of Norway is to provide strategic policy input, administer research funding and serve as a meeting place for the development of research policy and dissemination of knowledge in Norway.
"The governing system plays a very central role in an institution such as the Research Council of Norway, and the Executive Board is the highest authority. I look forward to further develop the close cooperation between the Research Council administration and the Board. I also want to congratulate the new Board members with the appointment, says Arvid Hallén, the Director of the Research Council of Norway.
Read more about the Research Council of Norway here:
The newly appointed Executive Board consists of:
- Henrik O. Madsen (DNV GL) (Chairman)
- Edel Oddny Elvevoll (UiT Norges arktiske universitet) (Deputy Chairman)
- Prorektor Anne Lise Fimreite (University of Bergen)
- Eli Aamot (Statoil ASA)
- Gunnar Bovim (NTNU)
- Sverre Gotaas (Kongsberggruppen ASA)
- Mette Halskov Hansen (University of Oslo)
- Jarle Møen (Norwegian School of Economics)
- Øyvind Fylling-Jensen (Nofima AS, Tromsø)
Deputy Board Members:
- Marianne Synnes
- Ole Ringdal