Eni Norge AS awards DNV GL a framework agreement for the supply of inspection services to the Goliat platform in the Barents Sea.
The term of the contract is three years, with an option for a two-year extension. The assignment consists of planning and carrying out inspections of static equipment, load-bearing structures and offloading and anchoring systems aboard the Goliat FPSO during its operational life.
Local spin-off effects
The contract, which will help further reinforce the petroleum cluster in Northern Norway, is in line with Eni Norge’s ambition to create spin-off effects connected with the Goliat project.
DNV GL has experience of working for Eni Norge from the company’s Harstad section, for example in the field of oil spill contingency. In connection with the new agreement for inspection services, DNV GL sees potential for moving personnel to Hammerfest. Also DNV GL subcontractor ApplusRTD will establish a branch office in Hammerfest during the coming year.
The contract underpins DNV GL’s established business strategy for growth in Northern Norway and heightened focus on services connected with Arctic operations.
First in the Barents Sea
Goliat is the first field to be developed in the Norwegian sector of the Barents Sea, and one of the biggest industrial projects ever undertaken in Northern Norway. The cylindrical Goliat platform is a floating production, storage and off-loading unit (FPSO), and is full of unique technological systems, specially adapted to conditions in the Barents Sea. The estimated reserves in the field are 174 million barrels of oil and 8 billion standard cubic metres of gas.
About Eni Norge
Eni Norge is the operator of the Goliat field, with a 65 per cent ownership interest. The other partner, Statoil, owns the remaining 35 per cent. Eni Norge is part of Eni, an Italian integrated energy company with around 78 000 employees in more than 90 countries.