New and amended rules were formally approved on 1 July and are included in the 2016 July edition of the rules. View the updates.
The changes of our rules and standards can be categorized into three sections:
- New class notations
- Implementation of external requirements (IACS unified requirements and relevant IMO codes)
- General updates and corrections
Also – it should be noted that as of July 2016 the common DNV GL rules for the following regimes came into force:
- High Speed and Light Craft (RU-HSLC)
- Inland Navigation Vessels (RU-INV)
- Yachts (RU-Yacht)
- Underwater Technology (RU-UWT)
- Naval Vessels (RU-Naval)
- Floating Docks (RU-FD)
For accurate and detailed information on all rule sets, please contact your local DNV GL office.
DNV GL rules for Ships
Below is an overview of the main changes to the DNV GL rules for ships.
New class notationsSHIP TYPE NOTATIONS:
- Barge for … / oil, oil products, chemicals, liquified gas / (Pt.5 Ch.5, 6 and 7)
- Reefer (Pt.5 Ch.10 Sec.15)
- Refrigerated fruit juice carrier (Pt.5 Ch.10 Sec.15)
- Slop reception facility (Pt.5 Ch.10 Sec.14)
- CA / controlled atmosphere / (Pt.6 Ch.4 Sec.13)
Revised class notations
- REGAS (Pt.6 Ch.4 Sec.8)
Changes for hull related topics (Pt. 3 and Pt. 5)
Following the new technical platform for hull structures introduced with the DNV GL rules in October 2015, necessary updates have been carried out to streamline the application, refine scantling impact and correct misprints.
Please note that these changes come into force with immediate effect.
You can download the overview of the main updates below.
Other significant changes
Please download the overview below.
DNV GL also published a new standard for the “Assessment of station keeping capability of Dynamic Positioned (DP) vessels” (DNVGL-ST-0111).
The standard provides a uniform basis for verification of results and may be used to provide vessel owners, operators and other stakeholders with DP capability information suitable for vessel selection, assessment and comparison.
The standard has been developed in close cooperation with a large industry group and continues the DNV GL tradition as being the leading society on DP.