In 16 presentations, experts from DNV GL and our partners covered every ship type, emerging technologies, the regulatory landscape, efficiency gains, and much more.
Below you find the topics of all presentations which are now available as video recording and PDF download:
- Environmental regulations: Focus on sulphur cap and IMO greenhouse gas strategy - A whirlwind tour of key local and global environmental regulations, with a particular focus on the 2020 sulphur cap and the IMO greenhouse gas strategy.
- Current status of alternative fuels and technologies in shipping - LNG, LPG, methanol, biofuel and hydrogen are promising candidates for alternative fuels in shipping.
- Wärtsilä on Roadmap towards 2050 climate targets
- MAN on Propulsion of ships towards year 2050, using low carbon fuel
- Beyond 2020: Future-proofing ship designs - The Carbon Robust Model evaluates fuel and technology options by comparing the break-even costs of a design to possible competing fleets.
- Cargill on CO2 challenge: Finding and scaling technologies to reduce emissions - Earlier this year, Cargill enlisted the support of DNV GL and Rainmaking to launch the “CO2 Challenge”.
- Today’s class is digital: New solutions and service offerings - The way we deliver value in classification is changing, brought on by increasing digitalization.
- Cyber security by design: From operations to newbuilding - For the past decade, DNV GL has been taking the lessons learned from operational cyber risk management into modern ship newbuilding.
- Autonomous and remotely operated ships: DNV GL’s position and an introduction to the new guideline - Focus on safety challenges related to remote-controlled and autonomous ships and what will be required in terms of third-party safety assurance to make sure the technologies are implemented in a safe manner, as well as suggestions for how to handle this from a regulatory perspective.
- Digital Twin and Open Simulation Platform (OSP) - The potential of simulations is still not fully utilized, as the initial cost of establishing simulation models is considerable, and re-use of models is limited.
- Veracity: DNV GL’s data platform for the maritime industry - Veracity is designed to help you unlock, qualify, combine and prepare data for analytics and benchmarking.
- How to save fuel with data? Fleet performance solutions by DNV GL - Fleet Performance Management should bring down your consumption of fuels and lubes, as well as ensuring compliance with your charter parties and the increasing environmental regulations.
- TenneT on Filling knowledge gaps: Assessing effects of accidental explosions of unexploded ordnance on offshore installation assets - UXO legacies from World War One and Two are found on nearly every offshore installation project.
- AG Ems on LNG propulsion experience - AG EMS is a pioneer in the use of LNG as fuel for ferries in Germany.
- MAN on Latest engine news: Two stroke / four stroke, the new MAN LGIP / the new MAN 45/60CR
- MTU on Cooperation and challenges / new technologies