The course introduces the Sesam tool Sima for time domain simulation of marine operations. Sima is a complete tool for simulation from modelling to results presentation. The participants will learn how to use the 3D visualized Sima interface for various types of marine operations like side-by-side operation, float-over installation, lifting installation and DP control.
In this course, Sima is used as the general GUI and platform, supported by the main solver Simo.
The following topics will be covered:
- Define environments of wind, waves and current
- How to import and define the body data
- Define positioning elements and coupling elements
- Create variables and use scripting
- Executing static and dynamic analysis
- Results post-processing, workflow, and report generation
Naval architects and marine engineers involved in analysis of marine operations.