This course focuses on analysis of jack-up in the elevated condition, including p-delta effect. Concept modelling of the jack-up and environment is done in GeniE, wave load analysis in Wajac, linear static/dynamic analysis including p-delta effect (stress stiffening) in Sestra and code checking of beams and tubular joints in GeniE. The course also focuses on how to model the inertia loads with SDOF method. Fatigue analysis in Framework using stochastic and spectral (dynamic) approach is presented.
The following topics will be covered:
- Modelling of the structure, loads, environment
- Eigenvalue analysis
- Inertia loads calculation with SDOF method
- In-place analysis with p-delta effect
- Code checking of members and joints
- Dynamic stochastic fatigue
- Dynamic spectral fatigue
Structural engineers performing offshore structural engineering and design engineering of jack-ups.