The course covers the basic parts of Nauticus Machinery Shaft Alignment intended for shaft alignment in direct coupled or geared propulsion systems.
The following topics are covered:
- Basic geometry modelling, shaft- and bearing wizards
- Applying materials, buoyancy corrections, loads
- Modelling propeller, bearings, shrink fits, gears and engines
- Calculation and reporting
- Optimization and reverse engineering features
- Verification methods such as gap/sag, strain gauge or hydraulic jacking
We focus on use of the software in this basic course. It means that general theory or Classification Rules are not covered.
Throughout presentations and hands-on training you will learn how to use Nauticus Machinery Shaft Alignment effectively. The design, verification and troubleshooting (“reverse engineering”) aspects will be covered. You will also learn how to optimize the alignment using the more advanced features of the software.
Naval architects, designers, ship yards and approval engineers with no or limited experience using Nauticus Machinery.