This course comprises Part I: Virtual training session - Introduction to the course (2- 3 hours) followed by Part II: self-paced study (4 weeks) - giving a unique opportunity to learn at a participant’s own speed online and complete the training. The learning outcome of this blended delivery option is the same as that of Classroom training.
The program will help develop the key knowledge and skills needed for process design in line with stakeholder and customer requirements, along with the standardized processes required to deliver them. This course will also cover process performance, supply chains and ongoing improvement activities.
A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be awarded to participants who successfully complete the course
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will have knowledge of:
- Introduction to process thinking and its place in ISO 9001
- Tools for understanding the voice of the customer (Kano model, surveys, interviews)
- Gathering stakeholder, regulatory, legislative, compliance and standards related requirements
- A method to design/define a process
- Key tools in process definition: SIPOC, flowchart
- Defining measure of process performance (CTQ Trees and operational definition)
- Supply chains and customers in supply chains
- A method to standardize a process
- Key tools in process standardization: for example, e.g., SOPs, Visual Aids, 5S
- Process design/definition applied in continual and step change improvement activities.
This course is designed for anyone intending to gain an understanding of the fundamentals of process design.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Quality & performance; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.