The duration of this eLearning course is approx. 4-6 hours. This training course has been designed for new or existing Gluten-Free Certification Program customers to help gain an appreciation of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity, understand the Gluten-Free Certification Program Global Standard requirements and to provide guidance on implementing a preventative, risk-based Gluten-Free Management System. This training will also explain the process that a business will need to follow in order to become a certified Gluten-Free site.
ObjectiveAfter this training, delegates will be able to identify the impact that celiac disease has on individuals and demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage gluten. They will be able to:
- Explain the concept of cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
- Outline key legal requirements relating to gluten-free labelling
- Identify different gluten controls that must be implemented as part of a gluten-free management system
- Outline the importance of prerequisite programs in safeguarding a gluten-free site;
- Describe the process for obtaining certification to the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
- Understand the protocol for audits to the Standard
The course is targeted at senior managers, quality managers, technical managers, production and operations managers of sites who have implemented, or plan to implement, Global Standard Gluten-Free Certification Program Issue 3.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Food safety; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.