The duration of this course is 8 hours. This training course will provide delegates with an understanding of the key components of an environmental monitoring programme to identify potential microbiological risks in production and open product areas; in addition to explaining different sampling methods and key elements of a corrective action procedure. This is particularly useful when implementing an environmental monitoring programme based on the Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8 requirements and industry best practices.
ObjectiveAt the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand Issue 8 requirements and key components of an environmental monitoring programme, including risk assessment, sampling location, target organisms, test methods, sample frequency, establishing control limits, appropriate corrective action, validation/ verification of the programme
- Describe appropriate target organisms and identify suitable sampling locations
- Explain different sampling methods
- Explain appropriate corrective action for environmental monitoring failures
- Develop an environmental monitoring programme based on Issue 8 requirements and industry best practices
The course is targeted at Auditors/Consultants and Technical and quality personnel.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Food safety; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.