This course is designed to facilitate the identification of environment processes within an organization and to provide an understanding of the benefits of an Environmental Management System (EMS) audit. It ensures the correct application of accepted audit protocols and teaches the skills necessary to plan and execute internal audits as well as reporting to aid enhanced system performance.
A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be awarded to attendees who pass both continuous assessment & the written examination.
Additional course benefits include:
- Access to course material augmented with exclusive insights from big data analytics based on our database of millions of audit findings worldwide
- Free access to our online self-assessment tool where attendees can quickly implement and practice learnings as well as to measure company performance against specific management system standards
Upon successful completion, attendees will have gained an understanding of:
- Management systems and the need for audits
- An overview of the aim, structure and uses of the ISO14001, including the requirements for risk-based thinking from an auditing perspective
- How to establish an internal audit program
- How to plan, prepare, perform and report on internal audits
- How to verify corrective actions and deal with difficult audit situations
Prerequisites: For successful completion of this course attendees should have prior knowledge of: The PDCA cycle, relationship between environmental management and impacts and effects, HLS requirements and knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015. These can be gained by attending the Foundation course in ISO 14001/ Environmental Management Systems.
This course is aimed at those planning to perform internal audits or preparing to become an external auditor of environment management systems.
Participant evaluation is through continuous assessment during the course and written exam at the end of the course. Training can be done in classroom or online. Courses are adapted for online training and for the online exams a LAN connection and webcam are required.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Environment and energy; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.