As well as covering the key components of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and ISO 14001:2015, the course is framed within a wider context of business improvement and is focused on auditing ISO 14001 using a risk-based approach. A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be awarded for passing both continuous assessment & the written examination.
It includes a detailed review of ISO 14001:2015 using an interactive workshop approach.
This course has been registered and certificated by the CQI and IRCA Governing Body and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under CQI and IRCA or other Auditor Certification Schemes. CQI and IRCA Reference No: 18222
Additional benefits include:
- You can now record your CQI IRCA certificate to access exclusive resources via www.quality.org
- Access to course material augmented with exclusive insights from big data analytics based on our database of millions of audit findings worldwide
- Free access to our online self-assessment tool where you can quickly implement and practice learnings as well as to measure your company performance against specific management system standards
The course contains comprehensive coverage of ISO 14001:2015, its implementation and auditing. Upon completion attendees should have a good understanding of:
- The purpose of an EMS
- A risk-based approach to environmental management, including the identification of impacts and their significance
- Compliance obligation
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors
- Planning and conducting an EMS audit
- Reporting with impact to management
For successful completion of this course attendees should have prior knowledge of: The PDCA cycle, relationship between environmental management and impacts and effects, HLS requirements and knowledge of the requirements of the ISO 14001:2015. These can be gained by attending the Foundation course in ISO 14001/ Environmental Management Systems.
This course is aimed at delegates wishing to gain a detailed understanding of ISO 14001:2015.
It will be of interest to those involved with designing and implementing an EMS as well as those wishing to become internal or external EMS auditors.
Participant evaluation is through continuous assessment during the course and written exam at the end of the course. Training can be done in classroom or online. Courses are adapted for online training and for the online exams a LAN connection and webcam are required.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Environment and energy; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.