SCADA system implementation
DNV has assisted utilities with the planning, procurement, and implementation of more than 200 EMS/SCADA systems for power systems ranging from 40 to 100 MW.
Along with Energy Management Systems (EMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems are well recognized as important strategic assets in today’s utility business environment.
DNV has assisted utilities with the planning, procurement, and implementation of more than 200 EMS/SCADA systems for power systems ranging from 40 MW to 100 MW.
We have extensive experience in all aspects of control center real-time control and information systems. Our EMS/SCADA services are tailored to meet each client's specific needs in implementing the latest EMS/SCADA system technologies via system migration, phased system replacement or complete system replacement.
SCADA system approaches to save time, reduce costs
DNV’s offers an integrated suite of EMS/SCADA planning, procurement and implementation solutions, including:
- EMS migrations and replacement services – designed to help utilities understand the marketplace and important issues that may impact the EMS as they plan and execute a system upgrade or replacement
- fast-track procurement and implementation services - designed to help utilities meet critical time schedules such as those imposed by management or regulatory bodies
- joint utility procurement service - designed specifically designed for utilities in the market for a state-of-the-art EMS/SCADA system but want to significantly reduce procurement costs by working cooperatively with other utilities whose needs are similar.
Our key staff members have more than 20 years of experience including:
- hands on work with different aspects of the EMS/SCADA business
- continuous and up-to-date knowledge of EMS/SCADA vendors' and related third-party products
- key experience with modern communication technologies and protocols
- familiarity with proven project management tools
- knowledge of interoperable systems technology
- impartial decision-making independent of any product or vendor affiliation
- quality assurance including certification of communication products.
Planning, analysis and implementation services for successful SCADA projects
DNV is trusted worldwide to plan, specify, evaluate, and implement an EMS/SCADA system that meets a utility’s specific needs and objectives. Our services are designed to help utility clients with all aspects of EMS/SCADA from planning and system functional analysis to implementation of system replacement as well as system "evergreening."
Our services include:
- assessment studies of the capabilities and limitations of existing EMS/SCADA systems
- assessment of the impacts of key industry drivers on EMS technologies, operations and future directions
- development of EMS strategies for the merged companies and facilitation of best-practices solutions for those involved in a merger
- upgrade planning services assessing new functional requirements, operational needs and framework for control center life cycle extension
- evaluation of the changes required to work within a new utility environment (e.g., evaluate changes required to your EMS to enable you work with an ISO)
- requirements studies to evaluate migration, phased replacement and total replacement of existing EMS/SCADA systems
- conformance testing of standards based communication interfaces
- development of procurement processes that best fit your needs, time constraint and budgetary considerations
- preparation of requests for information (RFI) documents and procurement specifications
- assessment of vendor qualifications and vendor bid evaluations, including both the technical and commercial requirements
- project management support
- implementation support and functional and performance factory testing of new EMS/SCADA systems
- transition planning and field testing of new EMS/SCADA systems
- market and technology assessment workshops.