Corporate PPA and green energy procurement services
Supporting corporate buyers shifting to green electricity
Offering a broad range of green energy procurement advisory services, DNV is your partner for sourcing renewables and switching to green electricity.
To lead the energy transition, companies have developed ambitious sustainability targets including reducing drastically scope 1 to 3 greenhouse gas emissions from their operations and value chains. For reducing Scope 2 carbon footprint, an integrated green energy procurement strategic approach is crucial.
But for businesses with operations and facilities spread across multiple countries, defining and implementing green energy procurement processes can be challenging, triggering key questions, including:
- How do I ensure long-term electricity cost affordability & improved price visibility while shifting to 100% renewables?
- Does my strategy demonstrate sustainability leadership to internal and external stakeholders while being economically sound?
- Which renewable energy milestones should I use to achieve my global sustainability strategy?
- How can I assess and choose various green energy procurement instruments best fitting my needs per geography?
- How do I set clear milestones and monitor my achievement?
We help you define a global strategy to meet your interim and long-term goals. It includes recommendations on the best mechanism for each of your facilities and geographies to reach your global targets.
Figure 1: Renewable Energy procurement road mapping
PPA advisory services
Your choice of the various instruments for renewable electricity sourcing can make a difference, impacting your operations and market reputation. Corporate PPA has earned the reputation to be one of the options which has a big positive impact for the climate change. PPAs allow buyers to enter delivery contracts directly with renewable project developers, securing a long-term electricity purchase. By hedging against the wholesale market, companies can realize considerable energy savings while stimulating the growth of clean technologies and meeting sustainability commitments and goals.
DNV supports you with end-to-end services along your corporate PPA journey, from the development of procurement strategies to soliciting proposals and executing PPAs.
- Through our PPA workshop, we help you raise internal stakeholder awareness of PPA benefits, risks and trade-offs within key internal stakeholders from management, energy procurement teams, finance, legal and accounting teams.
- Through our PPA advisory services, we offer guidance in defining your preferences and constraints to develop an optimized and tailored PPA strategy.
- Our PPA tendering approach includes:
Our team has deep experience in all aspects of the PPA process and can also harness strong business relationships with renewable energy producers around the globe and leverage its online PPA marketplace. This enables us to connect you to existing or planned green energy projects with the aim of closing the best-fit power purchase agreements and achieving your green energy goals.